First attempt at poached eggs
I recently watched the first episode of FoodMob and learned just how simple it is to cook poached eggs. So today, I took my first crack at it and I think it was a success. I followed a pretty straight forward recipe/process:
- Put about 3 inches of water in a pot. I don't have a sauce pan.
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar for each cup of water used.
- Get water boiling.
- While water is boiling, crack an egg into a small bowl and get some toast started.
- After water is boiling, turn down heat so water is just simmering.
- Spin water around so you get a little whirlpool.
- Slide egg into middle of whirlpool and wait about a minute.
- Go grab toast while waiting for egg, may be burning by now.
- Scoop egg out of water with slotted spoon and drop it on the toast.
- I threw a little black pepper and some salt on top.
P.S. I like my yoke a little runny, if you want it to be solid then just leave it in the water a bit longer.